a list of good news from the 2018 midterm election results!
crowdsourced on google sheets. thank you for voting.
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help voting.
you can get in line to register & vote in illinois until 7pm on tuesday, november 6th.
Find out if you’re registered to vote, register to vote, find your polling place, and get your absentee ballot
Explore your ballot based on your address, compare candidates, and print out your ballot so you can have important information when you go vote!
*if you’re in Chicago, Maira is happy to forward you her BallotReady ballot selections. contact us at email@example.com if you want it.
“For anyone who is eligible to vote but is on the fence about participating, I see you and your disaffection is so valid, especially when our options in this election are all pretty bad. So here's my pitch: We really can make a progressive impact at the local level in this election by voting *against* bad judges, voting *for* an AG candidate who will combat Trump's bigoted policies, and voting *for* more independent candidates on the MWRD. AND it is not too late to register. You can register when you show up to the polls on election day! Please share this guide far and wide, with anyone that will find it useful. Love and solidarity.” - Ellen Mayer, author.
Chicago Board of Elections - Election Dates & Locations
Injustice Watch - 2018 Cook County Judicial Voting Guide
Your Voting Rights
You have the right to…
1. CAST YOUR BALLOT IN A NON-DISRUPTIVE ATMOSPHERE FREE OF INTERFERENCE.
2. VOTE IF YOU ARE IN LINE BY 7:00 P.M.
3. VOTE BY PROVISIONAL BALLOT IF YOUR REGISTRATION IS CHALLENGED, OR THERE IS NO RECORD OF YOUR REGISTRATION.
4. VOTE AT YOUR OLD POLLING PLACE IF YOU HAVE MOVED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE ELECTION.
5. REQUEST ASSISTANCE IN VOTING, IF NEEDED.
6. BRING NEWSPAPER ENDORSEMENTS OR SAMPLE BALLOTS INTO THE VOTING BOOTH.
7. PROTECT THE SECRECY OF YOUR BALLOT.
8. REVIEW YOUR BALLOT TO ENSURE IT IS COMPLETE AND ACCURATE, AND CORRECT YOUR VOTE IF THERE IS A MISTAKE OR YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND.
9. HAVE YOUR BALLOT COUNTED FAIRLY AND IMPARTIALLY.
10. BRING YOUR CHILD IN TO THE VOTING BOOTH WITH YOU.
11. REGISTER AND VOTE IN THE SAME DAY DURING GRACE AND EARLY VOTING.
12. REGISTER TO VOTE ONLINE.
13. VOTE BY MAIL; INCLUDING IF YOU ARE IN THE MILITARY OVERSEAS
IF ANY OF YOUR ABOVE RIGHTS ARE VIOLATED, CALL ELECTION PROTECTION AT
A website where you can filter through complaint history and use of force data for police officers from 1988 - Present. Records are searchable going back to 1967. Lawyers, organizers, journalists, and community members use it to look at the disciplinary history of police officers in their community.
File a complaint, compliment an officer, look up data dashboards, and see important use of force videos and documentation.
Have Chicago police officers violated your civil rights? Call The People's Law Office to discuss your options with our experienced attorneys before you file an official complaint 773-235-0070
The Westside Justice Center is a nonprofit legal services and legal education organization. The WJC focuses on providing holistic legal services. In the last year the WJC has done more than 500 pro bono legal intakes covering all aspects of legal and quasi legal issues.
Workshops and guides on how to de-escalate mental health crises, and assess a situation before calling 911.